Saturday, June 28, 2014

SUNSCREENS, SUN PROTECTIVE CLOTHING, VISUAL AIDS

Hi Everyone...

As the sun brightens our day and lights up our life, I encourage you all to go out and enjoy the day...BUT do your best to not have your skin turn the color of this post--red!

Having just celebrated my birthday yesterday, I am so very thankful for only having minor skin cancers which have all been treated by very skilled physicians throughout the 38+ excisions, revisions, skin grafts, etc., etc.

The major point I hope to drive home to everyone taking a moment to read this and share their story with me is to be SUN SAFE...protect yourself with hats, long sleeves, sunscreen that contains only Zinc oxide and not a whole lot of chemicals (links coming for healthy choices), stay out of the tanning booths, and for that "glow" how about an alternative healthy choice?  

SUNSCREENS:  There appears to be controversy and discussion about sunscreens in the media lately.  Some sources are stating that sunscreens actually cause skin cancers and other problems...what is a person to do? 
Become a vampire? Hide in the basement?  Only go out at night, like a bat? Live in a cave?  So many ridiculous choices for being sun-safe...how about exploring your healthy options?  

SUN PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:  For clothing, I love the Sun Precautions/Solumbra products.  As a disclaimer, I have no financial interest in this company....I have personally found their products to be as stated.  I have worn their hats, shirts, pants, leggings, in full-on sun mode, in the heat of day, either hiking, biking, running, or teaching outside, and have NEVER got even a little color...no sunburns, etc.

Here's the link for Solumbra clothing.

www.sunprecautions.com

In upcoming blogs, I will be posting links that have been sent to me regarding sunscreens, clothing, etc.


Love to hear your story....send any questions, comments, etc.    Thanks for spreading the word :) 

Keep this picture in your mind...which skin do YOU want to have in 10, 15, 20, 30, etc., years?  Hands down, I would pick the skin on my stomach...I hope you make better choices than I did.  If one person out there gets it and doesn't have to go through skin cancer surgery or look like the skin on my arm, then my mission will be accomplished.







No comments:

Post a Comment